Pro-Mass is not to be confused with cheap weight-gain powders, this is a scientific approach to gaining lean muscle mass for those with a fast metabolism or poor appetite.
Pro-Mass contains a proprietary blend of undenatured proteins in the form of undenatured, filterated whey and undenatured micellar casein, with complex carbohydrates. It is low in saturated fat and lactose thus making it easier to digest. Pro-Mass can assist with increasing protein synthesis whilst reducing protein breakdown, due to it's optimum blend of fast and slow release protein.
Consuming six meals a day has been the standard practice when trying to add muscle mass, but for many people eating six solid meals daily can be difficult. Pro-Mass is an ideal solution when trying to meet the target of consuming six meals a day by simply replacing a solid meal.
- An easily digestible form of carbohydrate made from natural corn starch. Maltodextrin is the preferred carbohydrate used in energy foods due to its solubility, low taste profile, and quick absorption. Maltodextrin is the primary source of complex carbohydrates.
- A carbohydrate made up from the indigestible parts of plants, which passes through our digestive system relatively unchanged. There are two types of fibre: soluble and insoluble and both will slow down the absorption of carbohydrates and proteins.
- Most whey proteins on the market are by products of the manufacture of cheese, milk is heated (above 160 degrees) where it separates into curds and whey. This denatured whey is then sold to blending houses filtered and sold to athletes. It has been denatured and there are no growth factors (lactoferins) left in the whey. CNP's whey protein has been cold processed retain the growth factors to stop the denaturing.
- This is the only form of Casein (and costs three times the price of whey) proven to be anti-catabolic. This is because of its undenatured properties and slow release into the blood stream enabling amino acids to be on hand for the muscle to repair and grow.
The blend of proteins in Pro Mass is very important, the combination of whey (Fast acting) and Micellar Casein (Slow acting) allows a steady stream of amino acids (complete protein) into the blood stream for repair and growth.
- Medium chain triglycerides are a shorter chain than the long chain triglycerides and are fats (9 calories per gram) that are easier to digest than other fats.
Calories per serving of 2 scoops (made with skimmed milk):
- Protein: 36.2g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Of which sugars: 31.8g
- Fat: 2.9g
- Of which saturates: 1.4g
- Fibre: 2g
- Sodium: 0.32g
Calories per serving of 4 scoops (made with water):
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Of which sugars: 6.7g
- Fat: 4.7g
- Of which saturates: 1.7g
- Fibre: 4g
- Sodium: 0.03g